Makes 8 rolls
¾ tsp fast acting yeast
275g strong white flour
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the oil, then carefully pour in the water, stirring so that the mixture forms a ball but is not too sticky.
- Tip out onto a floured worktop or board and knead for at least 10 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 8 pieces and knead each roll individually for a few minutes.
- Place the rolls on a baking tray and leave to rise for about 40 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes.