Makes 8 rolls
¾ tsp fast acting yeast (like this or this – should be available in your local shop)
275g strong white flour
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
160ml lukewarm water (best made by adding cold water to small amount of boiled water in a measuring jug)
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the oil, then carefully pour in the water, stirring so that the mixture forms a ball but is not too sticky.
- Tip out onto a floured worktop or board and knead for at least 10 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 8 pieces and knead each roll individually for a few minutes.
- Place the rolls on a lightly oiled baking tray and leave to rise in a warm place, loosely covered by a clean tea-towel, for about 40 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes.