Makes 12–15 cookies
100g softened margarine or butter
60g granulated sugar
120g brown sugar
180g self-raising flour
100g chocolate chips
- Line two baking sheets with baking parchment and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the butter and both sugars together in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg and beat together.
- Mix in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Use a desert spoon to spoon mounds of dough onto the lined trays, making sure you leave enough space between each mound for the cookies to spread as they bake.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.