Makes approx 9 muffins
250g self-raising flour
150g caster sugar
75g margarine or softened butter
1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
Plus any of the following:
- 100g chocolate chips – plain, milk or white
- 100g chocolate chunks
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 100g white chocolate and a punnet of raspberries
- a 150-g punnet of blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix the margarine and sugar together in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg and beat well. Add the vanilla essence, if using.
- Fold in the flour and add the milk. Stir to combine.
- Add your choice of filling.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.