15 g butter
Salt and pepper
(Optional) grated cheese, chopped ham, chilli flakes, chopped fresh herbs, Worcestershire sauce – or any other ingredients you like (see notes)
- Break eggs into a small bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Add salt and pepper to taste, and your choice of optional extras
- Melt butter in non-stick pan over low to medium heat
- Add egg mixture to pan and cook at gentle heat, stirring constantly (with wooden or silicone spoon) until eggs are creamy and opaque – this normally takes 2 or 3 minutes
- Eat immediately!
- Scrambled eggs are one of the quickest and easiest breakfasts to make, and you will soon become an expert in getting the taste and texture you like.
- At weekends, you can try making more elaborate versions – pile your eggs up on toast with avocado/spinach/watercress/cheese, or have them with bacon, tomatoes and beans.
- If you want to make a special breakfast for someone, it’s hard to beat scrambled eggs with smoked salmon – stir the salmon pieces in just before serving.