8-10 sheets of dried lasagne
500g minced beef
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 small tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp mixed herbs
24 x 18cm ovenproof dish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Make the meat sauce – fry the onion and minced beef until golden brown; make sure you stir it to prevent sticking.
- Add the tomato puree, tomato ketchup, mixed herbs and chopped tomatoes and stir well to combine. Leave to simmer.
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce – put the butter, flour and milk in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir continuously, until it starts to boil, then turn off the heat. Add half the cheese and salt and pepper and stir.
- Put half of the meat sauce into the bottom of your dish, cover with sheets of lasagne and then add half the cheese sauce. Then repeat again with remaining meat sauce, strips of lasagne and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.