Serves 2 for lunch (small portions)
15g plain flour
75g cheese, grated
- Put a pan of water on to the hob and bring to the boil. Add the macaroni and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan make the cheese sauce by melting the butter, adding the flour and then gradually adding the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring all the time. (See method here.)
- Remove the pan from the heat, add three-quarters of the cheese and stir in.
- Remove the pasta from the heat, drain well and tip into an ovenproof dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.