1 tbsp olive oil
4 chicken quarters or breasts, skin removed (approx 454g total weight)
1 red onion, peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 red pepper, de-seeded and thickly sliced
2 tsp ground paprika
280ml chicken stock
3 tbsp tomato puree
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large, deep pan and fry the chicken pieces on all sides for 5–6 minutes, or until golden brown (quarters will take longer than breasts). Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, garlic and pepper to the pan and fry for 3–4 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, sprinkle over the paprika and pour in the stock.
- Add the tomato puree and seasoning, stir well and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with rice, pasta, or potatoes. See how to cook all of these here.