200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
100g milk chocolate
50ml double cream
3 eggs (yolks and whites separated)
40g caster sugar
- Melt both chocolates and the double cream in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Allow to cool slightly, then whisk in the 3 egg yolks using a balloon whisk.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric whisk until stiff, gradually add the caster sugar and whisk until glossy.
- Fold a spoonful of the whites into the chocolate mixture to loosen it, then fold in the remainder until fully combined (but don’t stir so much that you lose air).
- Divide the mixture between 8 small pots or small glasses and chill in the fridge, ideally overnight but you could make it in the morning for serving in the evening.