Makes 12 small or 6 large
½ 350-g pack ready-made puff pastry
125g sausagemeat (or 4 cumberland sausages)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1½ sundried tomatoes
1½ sage leaves, chopped
1½ tbsp dried parsley
1 egg (use half for the filling and half for glazing the pastry)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Mix together the sausagemeat, onion, tomatoes, sage, parsley and half the egg in a bowl.
- Sprinkle flour onto a clean work surface and roll out the pastry into a long strip about 25cm wide.
- Place the sausage meat filling along the middle of the strip and fold over the pastry, pressing the edges together to seal.
- Brush with egg and cut into separate sausage rolls – 12 small or 6 large.
- Transfer the sausage rolls to your prepared tray and bake for approximately 20 minutes.