You will feel happier and more confident in a well-balanced mix of clothes that fit you properly.
- If possible, try everything on before you buy it
- Find a fit and style that makes you feel comfortable and confident
- Well-fitting underwear will make your clothes fit better
- Don’t get too worried about rigid rules on ‘dressing for your body shape’
- Experiment with different styles and shapes – you may see a different person than you expected staring back at you in the mirror
- Clothes sizes vary widely across different manufacturers and different styles. Wear the size that fits you properly and cut out the size label if it bothers you.
- Balance different elements in your outfit for a relaxed and confident image
- Try mixing something fitted and tight with something longer and looser, or something very feminine with something a bit more edgy or masculine
- If you like short skirts, try them with opaque tights and trainers or boots
- Layering different clothes can also give a different, modern look
- Experiment, look at fashion images, keep your eyes and mind open.
You might also be interested in our pages on: